Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fun with Blogging

Fun with Blogging

Last week, I attended the annual conference of the League of Kansas Municipalities. I was asked to be a presenter for one of the Sunday Roundtable discussions concerning my Blog. It was fun sharing what I have learned and the local benefits of getting out a story that the local press cannot cover the way I can in the Blog setting.

In the three sessions (30 minutes each), I talked to governing body members, City Clerks and City Managers. During the second session, I was urging the group to begin their own Blog and out of the blue, I said if they did that would make me a “Blog-father!” (My favorite type of humor is expressed in that last line.)

My friends at the League office have given me another opportunity to promote Concordia. Telling them the cost of doing promotion like this is well within the budget of the smallest community was enjoyable too. By the way, it is free. Most of the time, I write these while I am at home (all but three).