Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Boomtown Blog Recognition

You all need to go to the BoomTown USA Blog. http://boomtownusa.blogspot.com/ Concordia received what Mayor Jindra calls “National Attention.” As I was looking at the list of subscribers, I found the email address for Boomtown USA author Jack Schultz. I was amazed to see his address there.

I took the time to write a thank you. I also took the time to write about the good things happening in Concordia. (Part of the City Manager’s job is to promote his community!) I shared information about our Tuesday Morning Chamber Coffee and the entrepreneurial activity that I call “signs of life.”

He responded last week and said he would be writing about us.

Readers interested in economic development need to subscribe to Jack’s Blog and also read his book. I know there are several copies circulating in the community.

Thanks Jack for highlighting Concordia!