Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sales Tax Continues

I wrote earlier about the attention I pay to Sale Tax receipts the city receives. It is a barometer for me to see how business is doing.

Today the March distribution was forwarded to us. We will see it in the bank probably Thursday. The nice thing to report is that March revenue out paced the year to date mount from 2006.

The total received last year was $366,645. Received so far is $386,049. This amount puts us 5% more than 2006. I don't have a feel for the sales tax growth in other rural markets beyond a comment I heard from Secretary of Revenue Joan Wagmon in January 07 when she said that most of Kansas has flat or less sales tax growth.

Remember that next Tuesday is the election. As they say in Chicago "vote early, vote often."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry:

I think that sales tax revenue increases come from the great job that is being done by your staff and the other people that make Concordia a welcome place to visit.

Keep up the good work.