Sunday, November 20, 2005

Police Chief Recruitment Progresses

Police Chief Recruitment Progresses

One of the things that has kept me busy the past few weeks has been the Police Chief Recruitment.  Friday, I interviewed three candidates – two from Kansas and one from Missouri.

Normally, job interviews are 30 to 60 minutes.  The team of interviewers and I spent about 2 hours asking questions.  I feel I have enough information now to make an offer.  I see the end of the process leading to hiring a new Police Chief.  We can then move toward making the necessary changes to change us from “Good to Great.”

By the way, “Good to Great” is the name of a great book by Jim Collins.  I recommend reading it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry, several years ago I heard a lesson on the difference between "a good decision" and "the best decision". I think that applies in much of life. We pray that you and the city team make the best decision.